In the Process industry whether it is oil and gas, refinery, petrochemical, chemicals, specialty chemicals, pharmaceutical, power etc., to control the process or process related utilities some control elements is required. Control valves are used as final control element of in most fluid handling methods.
Most of the occasions, we name control valves based on applications they are used. More details of working of a control valve based on application are listed below.
- How flow control valves works
- How pressure control valves works
- Pressure regulator valve or pressure reducing valve function works
- How level control valves work
- Application of temperature control valve
- How choke valves work
- Slug control valve
- Manual or hand control valve
The basic principle behind control valve is that it controls the fluid rate based on input from controller. Control valve is typically a final control element in the control loops.